If you’ve been blogging for awhile, you’re probably familiar with those frustrating emails from affiliate programs that are changing things up. They either say
We’re very sorry, we’re ending this affiliate program.
We’re completely changing this affiliate program and your existing links aren’t going to work anymore
This has happened several times recently, with Vitacost pulling out of Michigan, Mountain Rose Herbs totally killing their affiliate program and Tropical Traditions making a bunch of changes the structure of their links.
It’s a huge problem:
- You’re not getting the check every month that you used to be getting. The links were monetized, and now they’re not.
- A lot of times the links are now broken. They don’t go anywhere useful, and that’s a really bad reader experience.
- If they’re not broken, that means you’re now sending free traffic to a site that’s no longer paying you.
But swapping out every link for an entire affiliate program, which could be hundreds of links in dozens of posts, can be a daunting task. This is why we created the Dead Affiliate Program Fix.
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll get a spreadsheet of all unique links on your site belonging to the old affiliate program(s)
- You choose what’s done to each link
- You can provide replacements for each link on the spreadsheet.
- You can choose to just have the link removed.
- Once done, we’ll use the spreadsheet to make all the changes for you. No need to open each post or perform hundreds of searches and replaces.
By the way, this service isn’t only just for dead affiliate programs, but could be used to make mass changes to any links on your site.