Using the Report
- Open the report file in a spreadsheet program like Google Sheets or Excel
- Each row lists an image found on your site with a potentially bad or missing alt value. The Alt Problem column will list the reason the image was included in the report.
- To fix each, you will need to edit the location the image is in and change or add an alt value.
- Take note of the Where Image Was Found column. This will guide you as to where to look for the image, for example in your post’s content or inside a recipe card.
- Many times, you will need to make 2 changes for each image. One to the image inside your post’s content, and one to the media library record. You can use the Post Edit Link and Media Library Link columns to help with this. (Note: due to the way Excel opens links, you will not be able to simply click on these links in the report. You can copy and paste them into a browser or use a different program like Google sheets.)
Let Us Help
Our Image Alt Text Generator tool was tested to speed up this process by 89%.
- All images are presented in a table where their alts can be set directly. No need to open the post or media library editors.
- Changes are made to both the post content and media library at the same time.
- Images used in multiple posts are updated all at once.
- Uses Artificial Intelligence to create a default alt value for every image to help get you started.
See the tool in action: